Festivals, concerts and Fiestas
The Costa del Sol region of Andalucia, Spain, is a great destination at any time of the year, however, why not plan your visit around one of the amazing festivals (fiestas) held here every year? Festival (Fiesta) dates can vary, but usually not a lot, read about the great festivals held on the Costa del Sol and follow the respective links to get the actual dates for a visit! Live music, entertainment, sunshine and sangria, what more could you want from a visit to southern Spain?
The Costa del Sol region of Andalucia, Spain, is a great destination at any time of the year, however, why not plan your visit around one of it's amazing festivals?
- The Mijas Blues Festival: An amazing 5 day festival with local and international Blues acts playing live every day in the Pueblo (village) of Mijas. The Village is filled with the sound of Blues, there are outdoor bars and BBQ's to keep you fed and watered, it's a great party! The event normally takes place in July, details of this years date can be found on their website.. Mijas Blues Website.
- Starlite Festival: The Starlite festival in Marbella, is one of the Costa del Sol's premier events and certainly one to plan your holidays around! The Starlite festival has a daily programme that includes music, fashion, art, film and gastronomy in a natural outdoor space under the stars. Its doors are open every day for a month , from July 23 to August 23, with shows at the only club in the world inside a quarry. Some of the top level artists that have performed in its incomparable auditorium are Enrique Iglesias, Bryan Adams, Julio Iglesias, Alejandro Sanz, David Bisbal, Jamie Cullum, Supertrump, Paco de Lucia, Paul Anka, Tony Bennett, Sara Baras, Rosario, Miguel Bosé, Raphael and many more! Check the website for this years amazing line up, which we already know includes "The Pet Shop Boys" for 2014!... Starlite Website
- Feria de lo Pueblos: Another major event on the Costa del Sol, held in Fuengirola, on the main fairground and market site, this is a festival of nationalities. The festival runs from April 30th to 4th may and is a showcase of food, drink and entertainment from all over the world. It is a lively, vibrant and busy festival, with a full fairground too. It runs all day until the early hours and is a must visit event, certainly one that puts Fuengirola on the map! Visit their website (in Spanish) for more information on this event.. Feria de los Pueblos Website
- Festival Internacional de los Pueblos: This years Festival Internacional de Los Pueblos will take place from June 8th – 10th with a multitude of events taking place in the village of Mijas. Similar to the Fuengirola Feria de los Pueblos, representing five continents, residents will provide you with music, performances, food and drink available from 20 different countries. This is held in the village (Pueblo) of Mijas, up in the mountain behind Fuengirola.
- Festival San Juan: This is not a localised festival, celebrations take place along much of the Coast, although they may be limited in the middle of the tourist destinations. San Juan festivities begin at midnight and include parties and bonfires on the beach! San Juan dates back to an ancient celebration of the midsummer solstice and is held on 23rd June. It's a massive celebration when the Coast really comes alive!
- Bierfest: If you like beer, you will love the Beer festivals that pop up around the Costa del Sol. These are coordinated by German organisers, hence the Bier and are held in around July and October, in Fuengirola, La Cala de Mijas and Benalmadena. We don't have this years dates, but when we do they will be posted here. These are week long festivals that include entertainment, eating and drinking lots of international Beers! It's a good idea to keep an eye on our FaceBook group "where it's at", for up to date information on festivals coming up in the Costa del Sol region of Spain.
- Feria de Malaga: The Malaga fair in August is an exuberant week long street party with plenty of flamenco, local music, traditional foods and "fino" (a type of Spanish Sherry). The Malaga fair commemorates the re-conquest of the city by Isabella and Ferdinand in 1487. Málaga Feria Dates for 2014 are announced as 16th to 23th August. Expect to find a great party, full of Spanish traditions, Malaga is the Capital of the Costa del Sol and always makes a great show of it's events, there is some more on the following link (in Spanish)!... More Info on this Link.
- Feria de Frigillana: Frigiliana is located 10 minutes drive from Nerja, in the hills overlooking the town. Frigiliana’s Feria is held every year on the 13th of June in honour of their patron saint San Antonio de Padua, the festival lasts for five days. This festival starts with the elections for the Queen of the Feria, followed by a concert and other entertainment which takes place throughout the week.
- Nerja Carnival: Nerja Carnival takes place every year, this year, 2014, it is designated for Thursday 27th of February 2014 to Sunday 2nd of March. Nerja Carnival itself is one of the most entertaining festivals of the year, with four days of partying and extravagance, in preparation for the self-denial of Lent. Processions, entertainment, food and drink play a big part in this vibrant Carnival. Certainly something to consider attending... More info can be found here
- The Gibraltar Music Festival: OK this one is not strictly in Spain, but it would be if the Spanish had their way! The Gibraltar music festival is a fantastic one day event not to be missed, expect big name acts and a fantastic vibe! The Gibraltar Music Festival takes place on Saturday 7th September 2014 at the Victoria Stadium, doors open 12:00h, and the festival ends at midnight. This is one event to work a holiday around, check out the latest information and scheduled acts on the website and get your tickets booked!... Gibraltar Music Festival
The Costa del Sol is also known for it's impromptu concerts/events, indeed Costa del Party have been involved in this type of event. Charity concerts, talent shows and other entertainment offerings can pop up at any time, so it's always worth checking local press, radio, or Costa del Party's social networking groups, for news of what's going on during your stay in Spain.
Other festivals and concerts.
- Rockin Race (13th - 16th Feb): Rock and Roll fans will love this one!
- Jazz Festival (Usually November): Granada : A great festival for lovers of Jazz!
- Folk Festival (March 14th): Held in Benalmadena, a new folk festival.
- Spannabis (May 9th to 11th): A festival for fans of Hemp.. Yes really!.. More Info
- Festival of Music and Dance (20th June - 11 July): Cultural festival, Granada.. More Info
The Costa del Sol is host to several festivals every year, why not plan your trip to Spain around one of them, live entertainment, Sunshine and Sangria - Heaven!
More entertainment ideas Costa del Sol...
Discover local live entertainment, bands and singers for all events on the Costa del Sol, Spain
Our speciality, professional wedding entertainment.
Costa del Party recommended Dj's, let the party rock!
Below is a selection of wedding perfect acts for your wedding in the Malaga, Marbella region of Spain.